Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Resting period

I spent the all of 2007+2008 devoting my life to Label Tulip.
Having a full time job and a business to run was no easy task. At times, I felt that I was being unfair to both and my personal life was completely left on the back burner.
One day I realized that something had to change. I started the company because I wanted to do something that I loved, for a change, but now I found myself constantly asking if this is something I truly enjoyed.
At the beginning of 2009, I had officially stepped down.

2009 was a resting year for me, for my mind and body. I spent the year only doing what I wanted to do, other than my 9-5 job, whether that was lounging around watching TV, browsing flickr endlessly, or hanging out with the bf. When people ask me 'what have you been doing' I was happy to say "I've seriously been doing NOTHING." It felt good to not work till 4-5am in the morning only to wake up at 9am to go to work the next morning. It felt good to not have to sleep till 3pm on the weekends due to my lack of sleep during the week. Finally, I was able to somewhat enjoy my life again.

Now that we're nearing 2010, I think I've had enough time to rest. :)
I'm ready for what 2010 will bring.
I'm ready to follow my passion again, whatever that may be...

No comments: